Our History

This information was originally compiled by Ruth Huse for the 25th Anniversary Celebration and then revised by Kittye Seedig for the 40th Anniversary Celebration. This revised 50th Anniversary Edition was compiled by Ashley (Millet) Chapa. The congregation extends its thanks to all of these ladies, as well as many others who assisted it its compilation. Any omission or error was made unknowingly and with apologies.


Choose a link to read more:

Just the Beginning LWML
The Building Years Youth Groups
Other Pastors Who Served Us Music
Adding the Education Building Vacation Bible School
The New Organ Expansion and Renovation
The Stained Glass - Symbols of Faith Milestones
Sunday School Chronology of Pastors at TLC

 

stained glass cross and sky edited

Just the Beginning

Early in 1958 a small group of men met at Resener's Office Supply on the Weatherford square to discuss the feasibility of establishing a Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod, in Weatherford. After soliciting the advice and support of both the Texas District Mission Board and Fort Worth Mission Society and consequently, their approval, plans for the church came to fruition.

 

The founding personnel included: Millard Cates, Jr., Elmer Eubank, E. E. Huse, L. D. Huse, E. K. Muelschen, Carl Resener, John H. Tyre, J. D. Wright (all of Weatherford) and Bill F. Owens and Haywood Scarborough of Azle. The first organizational meeting was held May 14, 1958. The Reverend A. O. Rast, Mission Director of the Texas District, guided the group in ascertaining needs of the congregation. On June 1, 1958 at 2:00 p.m. in the Mutual Building and Loan Community Room, the election of the following temporary officers was held:

 

President

Carl Resener

Secretary

Millard Cates, Jr.

Treasurer

Elgin Muelschen

Sunday School Superintendent       

Elmer Eubank

 

The name, Trinity Lutheran Church, was chosen with plans for the first services to be held July 20, 1958 in the Twentieth Century Club on South Main Street, Weatherford. Worship service was set for 8:30 am. with Sunday School to follow at 9:45 am. The Reverend Herbert A. Rast of Redeemer Lutheran Church, Fort Worth, served as the first pastor. On July 20, 1958, forty-nine worshippers attended the first service of Trinity Lutheran Church. Hearts were filled with joy and praise to the Lord for the privilege of establishing the first Lutheran church in Parker County. The church's roll was held open until December 1958 with the following as the charter members:

 

Millard, Jr. and Lillian Cates

Elmer, Erna and Jerry Eubank (Norman, Larry, Gary)

Edmund E. and Velesta Huse

Louis D. and Ruth Huse (Connie Sue)

Selma M. Jentho

Raymond and Voncile Jones (Phyllis, Linda, Bucky)

Mrs. Jerry Lindsay (Jerry Ann)

Fredrick and Lillian Meissner

Elgin K., Dorothy and Elgin, Jr. Muelschen (Wilford)

Carl and Retha Resener (Candy, Guy, Greg)

Dock and Eleanore Ringo (Joe, Danny, Richard)

Ted and Joan Saathoff (Linda, Gary, Jerry)

James and Alice Sandberg

Landon, Kathy, Garry and Landon, Jr. Schkade

Raymond, Olivia, Marilyn, Raymond, Jr. and Lam Schoenke

Walter and Lucille Stelter (Emily, Evelyn, George, Walter)

John and Wilhelmina Tyre


At that time, Trinity Lutheran Church's membership numbered thirty-nine communicants with a total of sixty-one souls. The first baptism was administered in the August 31, 1958 worship service when Jerry Ray Saathoff, infant son of Ted and Joan Saathoff was received into God's kingdom through the rites of Holy Baptism. The first duly-elected officers serving Trinity Lutheran Church included:

 

President

Carl Resener

Vice-President

Raymond Schoenke

Secretary

Millard Cates, Jr.

Treasurer

Elgin Muelschen

Financial Secretary

L. D. Huse

Elders

Elmer Eubank
E. E. Huse
L. D. Huse

Trustees

Raymond Schoenke, Sr.

Fredrick Meissner
Raymond Jones

Sunday School Superintendent       

Elmer Eubank


Return to Top


The Building Years

On Trinity Lutheran's first anniversary, July 19, 1959, Kurt E. Marquart of South Nyack, New York, was both ordained into the Lutheran ministry and installed as the first resident pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church. It was during his tenure that the church building on the present site was planned and completed. Land was bought on September 18, 1959, and on September 11, 1960, groundbreaking services were held. Some four months later, February 5, 1961, the new sanctuary was dedicated to the glory of God with the first worship service conducted in Trinity's first permanent church home. Sadly, this was also Pastor Marquart's last Sunday as Trinity's pastor; he had accepted a call to Redeemer Lutheran Church in Toowoomba, Australia.

 

The Reverend Edwin Pieplow, pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church, Fort Worth, served as vacancy pastor from February 12, 1961 until July 2, 1961 when Trinity welcomed and installed the Reverend Carroll Kohl as their second full-time shepherd. A parsonage, located on East Rentz Street, was purchased by the congregation to provide housing for Pastor Kohl, his wife, Leighrene, and their young son, Thomas.

 

In February, 1962 Trinity's membership numbered 113. With its steady and continuous growth, the decision to add an educational building was made, and this addition was dedicated on October 21, 1962. It contained seven Sunday School classrooms, the pastor's office, kitchen, and restroom facilities. Folding partitions made it possible to use two of the classrooms as a fellowship hall or large meeting room. Walter Feldman, a member of Trinity, served as the general contractor. Other members donated much of their time and labor in painting, sheet rocking, etc. The rock work lining the sidewalks was also built by volunteers during Pastor Kohl's time at Trinity.

 

Return to Top


Other Pastors Who Served Us

After Pastor Kohl accepted a call in February, 1966 to serve Immanuel Lutheran Church in Harrold, Texas, Trinity was served by several vacancy pastors. The Reverend Ron Timmons, Cleburne, served the congregation from February 20, 1966 until July 10, 1966 when he relinquished the duty here for a similar one in Hilisboro.

 

The Reverend F. D. Giraud of Zion Lutheran, Fort Worth, acted as Trinity's interim shepherd from July, 1966 until January, 1968 when the Reverend James Herzog accepted the call to Trinity in Weatherford and Ascension in Clebume. Pastor Herzog assumed his duties Sunday, January 14, 1968 and served until July 31, 1968 when he left to enter the teaching ministry. The pastor of Redeemer Lutheran, Fort Worth, the Reverend Arlin Holtz then became vacancy Pastor from August, 1968 to August, 1969.

 

The Reverend Carl H. Rehwaldt, a graduate of Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, was installed to the dual parish of Trinity, Weatherford and Ascension, Cleburne, on August 3, 1969. His residence was in Clebume as had been both Pastor Timmons' and Pastor Herzog's. Pastor Rehwaldt's final worship service at Trinity was June 27, 1971.

 

On July 4, 1971 the Reverend Edward M. Geschke was installed as Trinity's first full-time pastor since 1966. A parsonage on acreage north of the church was completed for Pastor and Mrs. Geschke and their five children in March, 1972. It was during Pastor Geschke's tenure that the Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML) sponsored the making of Christmons by some of the women of the congregation. For the first time, in December 1971, the Christmas tree in the church was decorated with Christmons.

 

On November 4, 1973, Pastor Geschke preached his last sermon at Trinity and accepted a call to Peace Lutheran Church in Plainfield, Illinois. The parsonage was sold sometime later. Our sister congregation at St. Mark, Mineral Wells, provided our next part-time shepherd, the Reverend E. William Hartman. He served faithfiully from November 11, 1973 until January 12, 1975 when he was called very suddenly to his heavenly home.

 

Once again, Trinity Lutheran Church called upon the Reverend Edwin

Pieplow to become vacancy pastor. Pastor Pieplow had only recently retired; but, as always, with fervor and enthusiasm graciously accepted the call to minister both to the Trinity and St. Mark congregations. With the exception of a two-month period in July and August of 1975 when the Pieplows vacationed in Europe, Pastor Pieplow served the two congregations faithfiully until August 1981.

 

At that time, Trinity was blessed with its fourth full-time pastor, Vicar Robert Boyce. Almost ten months later, at a joyous occasion, June 6, 1982, Vicar Boyce became the Reverend Robert E. Boyce as he was ordained and officially installed as pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church.

 

Pastor Boyce served Trinity Lutheran Church until August 25, 1985, when he accepted a call to be pastor elsewhere.

 

The Reverend Rusty Leavitt, pastor of St. Mark, Mineral Wells, served as vacancy pastor from September 1, 1985 until May 11, 1986 when the Reverend Richard Nelson was installed as fill-time pastor of Trinity.

 

Pastor Nelson served until his "retirement" on March 24, 1991. After his retirement, Pastor Nelson continued to serve Trinity as vacancy pastor until the installation of Trinity's new pastor, the Reverend Albert E. Reincke, on August 11, 1991. Since then, Pastor Nelson has served two extended vacancies in the area -- Redeemer, Ft. Worth and St. Mark, Mineral Wells -- only recently to "retire" once again. Pastor Nelson continues to share in the ministry of the Gospel at Trinity as pastor emeritus of the congregation.

 

The Reverend Albert Reincke served the congregation as pastor until his resignation from the office of the public ministry on July 31, 1993. The subsequent vacancy was initially filled by various pastors from the metroplex, and then from the end of August, 1993 until August, 1994 by the Reverend James Luecke, a retired pastor living in Possum Kingdom.

 

On August 7, 1994 Candidate Kenneth R. Watson, a graduate of Concordia Seminary - St. Louis, was ordained and installed as pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, Weatherford, Texas. Pastor Watson and his wife Marie are both natives of Houston, Texas. Marie is employed as an elementary school teacher in the Peaster Independent School District.

 

Pastor Watson continues to shepherd the members of the congregation as they rejoice in the forty years of God's grace in sending faithful pastors to proclaim His Word and administer His sacraments among them.


Return to Top


Adding the Education Building

The congregation continued to grow and as a direct result of that growth, the decision to expand the educational building was made. In ascertaining the cost of the addition which included a large fellowship hail, the pastor's office, the secretary's office, a conference room, a music room, and two restrooms, the estimate came to $35,000 not including labor. Many members of the congregation volunteered to work on Saturdays and in the evenings when possible. Elmer Eubank served as volunteer contractor for the construction and Pastor Boyce did the electrical wiring.

 

The groundbreaking for this project occurred on August 1, 1982, and after many, many hours of toil, fellowship and yes, FUN, the building was dedicated on March 20, 1983. The Reverend Glen O'Shoney preached the regular morning worship sermon as well as the afternoon message.


Return to Top


The New Organ

Another dream of the Trinity's members had been to obtain an organ for the church. That became a reality on May 1, 1983, when Mrs. Donna Varney, Organist, initiated the new Casavant Freres pipe organ for the last song of the worship service. The installation had just been completed the prior Friday evening, so Donna felt she needed a little more practice before playing for an entire service. The hymn was "Beautiful Savior", an inspiring hymn made even more beautiflul with the melodic tones of Trinity's new pipe organ.

 

On May 29, 1983, the service of dedication for the pipe organ took place during the regular morning worship hour. An open house from 3 to 6 p.m. that day featured Trinity's own organist, Donna Varney, and two of the finest church organists in the area, John and Myrna Fields. David Marshall, who was responsible for the design and installation of the organ, was present to answer questions pertaining to the instrument.

 

Pipes range in size from approximately ten feet in height, to as small as three-eighths of an inch. The large wooden pipes are of poplar, while the bulk of the metal pipes are of an alloy of 50% tin and 50% lead; some of the larger metal pipes are constructed of zinc. The casework and console are constructed of oak. The pipes have been installed to form a "frame-like" effect around the stained glass window at the entrance of the sanctuary.

 

Due to the church enlargement and congregational growth, additions to the pipe organ were deemed necessary. The cost of $65,000 will include 403 new pipes, new wiring, and installation of a swell chamber, as well as the addition of twelve general preset pistons to make the organ a more versatile instrument and to better support the congregation in song. Garland Organ Company of Fort Worth will be building the expansions. This growth is in progress as of 2008 with an anticipated completion date in early 2009.

 

Return to Top

 

The Stained Glass - Symbols of Faith

The stained glass in the front of the building was a joint design effort of Pastor Marquart and artists at the Winterichs Manufacturing Company in Cleveland, Ohio. The window was to have been part of the dedication of the new church, but because of labor strikes, the window arrived six months late. Not long after Pastor Kohl's arrival in 1961, the beautiful stained glass window was dedicated on September 10, 1961.

 

The theme of this contemporary Gothic design, the "Trinity", has been artistically created with the symbols of the church and the Holy Trinity, done in beautiful shades which include red, green, purple and white. The "red" signifies the saints who have been martyrs and many times given their lives for the sake of Christianity; "green" is for the earth God gave His people; "purple" for penitence; and "white" representing the purity of the Holy Spirit.

 

High in the spiral peak of the triangle is the Luther Seal, also known as the Luther Rose. The Nativity Rose rests slightly to the left and slightly to the right is the arch symbolizing the Church. As the story is told by the artist, in the center of the design is the hand of God, reaching out to the world surrounded by the symbols of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Just beneath is a lamb, signifying the Christ who was sacrificed for the world and on either side is a bunch of grapes, the fruit of the vine, His blood, and a shock of wheat, the bread, His body. In the background is the Cross where His precious body was broken and His blood was shed to redeem the world.

 

Still carrying out the Holy Trinity theme are three drops of water falling from a shell, representing the baptism of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with water. Following are the symbols of the seven tongues of flame, representing the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. Over all in the background can be seen a cross which seems to encompass the world, reminding all people of the sacrifice which was offered for us. Here can be seen the greatest story ever told in this beautiful stained glass window - one of Trinity's many blessings and a beautiful visual lesson to its members.

 

In February of 2007, nine new stained glass windows were added to the expanded sanctuary. These windows follow the articles of the Apostle's Creed. The first window is the Creation window. The window pictures God's creating hands, symbolizing the miracles of God's creative power as seen in the heavens and on earth. The Lamb of God window depicts the Agnus Dei, the Lamb of God, reminding its viewers of Christ's divinity and the salvation He has brought to all believers. In the panes of the Incarnation window, the Star of Bethlehem heralds the birth of teh Savior to the world, Jesus the Christ. The Passion window depicting the cross as the main theme serves as reminder of the price of sin, paid by Christ. The Resurrection window thus symbolizes the greenery of life-renewed springs froth from out of the darkness of death and the tomb. The Ascension window depicts the ascended Lord who reigns from heaven's throne over His Kingdom. The Holy Spirit window pictures the traditional dove in descending flight, coming to bestow the gifts that accompany the waters of baptism and to enkindle the fire of saving faith. The Church window depicts in symbolic form the blessed communion of all God's saints and the fellowship of the Supper. Finally, the Life Everlasting window depicts the New Jerusalem and eternal home of those whose names are written in the Book of Life.

 

Return to Top

 

Sunday School

The Sunday School program has been in operation since the organization of the church. Despite the lack of full-time pastors for a number of years, the Sunday School survived, feebly at times and strongly at others. Elmer Eubank served as the first Sunday School superintendent. Children who attended Sunday School that first day of Trinity's beginning were: Jerry, Norman, Larry and Gary Eubank, Connie Huse, Phyllis, Linda and Bucky Jones, Jerry Ann Lindsay, Karl and Wilford Muelschen, Candy, Guy and Greg Resener and visiting children: Rachel, Wanda, Beverly and Becky Bielefeldt, Donald and Glen Wiethorn, and Amy Tapp.

 

Others who have served as superintendent, some multiple times, include: L. D. Huse, Arnold Koch, George Jackson, Mark Auer, Phil Found, Gene Kaddatz, Wayne Reinert, Shirlee, Gates, Timmie Cinack, Patricia Jones, Richard Goodwill, Jay Sanderson, Evelyn Baily, Vicki Crow, Kent Kaddatz, Shirley Gates, Jim Graves, and presently Theresa Millet.

 

Return to Top


LWML - Lutheran Women's Missionary League

First known as the Ladies Aid Society of Trinity Lutheran Church, a group of ladies organized the society in October 1959. The first meeting was held on November 4, 1959 in the home of Mrs. Retha Resener. Officers elected at this time were: Mrs. Erna Eubank, President; Mrs. Retha Resener, Vice-President; Mrs. Ruth Huse, Secretary-Treasurer. Mrs. Lestie Huse was appointed to serve as reporter and publicity chairman and Mrs. Olivia Schoenke as altar chairman. The first project selected was to make baptismal napkins to be given each person receiving the rite of baptism in Trinity. Pastor Kurt Marquart was the first counselor. Other members included Carol Hoithus, Erna Lois Huse, Evelyn Huse, Selma Jentho, Martha Crider, Mary Kunkel, Ruth Moeris, and Dorothy Muelschen.

 

Over the years the local society has kept true to its original purpose to aid mission service at home and abroad. The local society is now a part of the Trinity Zone Lutheran Women's Missionary League. Members of LWML contribute their mites and free-will offerings and 75% of these moneys go to the Texas District for local projects and 25% to International missions.

 

Current officers of the group are: Vicki Meyer, President; Sarah Thornburg, Vice-President; Rosemary King, Secretary; Pat Graff, Treasurer; and Betty Tanciar, Mission Services.

 

Trinity LWML Projects

  • Meals on Wheels 
  • Quilts for Lutheran World Relief
  • Support to Alter Guild, Sunday School, and LYF
  • Serve families at the time of death
  • Monthly contributions to KIMA
  • Yearly sponsorship of a Concordia Student
  • Send birthday cards to all youth at Trinity
  • Prayer partners to confirmands - adopt a confirmand and send cards of support and encouragement during their instruction.
  • Support Manna Storehouse
  • Collect Campbell Soup labels, old eyeglasses, and canceled postage stamps for reuse

Return to Top

 

Youth Groups

The first youth society was organized under the guidance of Pastor Kurt Marquart. On September 25, 1960, several young people met in the home of Mr. and Mrs. George Jackson for the first formalized meeting. Trinity Lutheran Youth Organization was the name chosen at that time. Meetings were held every other week; the youth met in members' homes during the first few months. The organization's sponsors were Millard and Lillian Cates. This couple served as chaperon, friend, confidant and chauffeur for many years.

 

A name change occurred in 1961 when the group decided to be known as the Waither League. Pastor Carroll Kohl served as the shepherd of Trinity's flock at this time. During the sixties a group of young Christians called the Caravaners on a road tour came to Trinity. Many new Christian folk songs were taught and learned by participation. Trinity's young people also participated in zone tournaments and brought home several trophies in basketball and volleyball during that era. Candy and Guy Resener, Norman, Gary and Larry Eubank, Donna Huse, Karl and Wilford Muelschen, Connie Huse, Emily and Evelyn Stelter, Roxanne and Bobby Soroosh were some of the Walther League members during this time.

 

The youth retained that name until 1971 when under Pastor Carl Rehwaldt the name was changed to Young Christians for Christ. The tradition of serving an Easter breakfast after the Sunrise Service was established in 1979. The leaguers prepared and served all members of the congregation who wish to participate. Jo Ann Swiekardt was the youth's sponsor during this period.

 

In order to offer bible study and social fellowship to pre-confirmation youth, a junior group of Young Christians for Christ was formed in 1981. Separate officers for both the junior and senior groups were elected.

 

Today there is one youth group called Lutheran Youth Fellowship (LYF). The youth group currently stays busy with fund-raisers for various missions, assisting with congregational activities, and community outreach projects, and gathering for Christian fun and fellowship; all a part of learning to grow in Christ.

 

Past counselors include: Bill and Kay Marshall, 1988 to 1990; Pat Jones, Bonnie and Walter Morgan, 1990 to 1993; Kieth and Cindy Stolk and Melanie Belz, 1993 to 1998; Melanie Belz and Carlton Hamann, 1998-2001, 2006 respectively; and currently, as of 2001 and after Kittye Seedig, Jil Beal, Susie Goates, and Molly Burrough.


Return to Top

 

Music

When the Trinity Lutheran Church was organized in 1958, the congregation had to depend on Redeemer Lutheran Church to provide a pianist for several services, Mrs. Ann Murdock served as that pianist. Mr. Joe Stumpp, retired as Weatherford High School band director, was the first resident pianist and organist for church services. Donna Huse served as pianist for Sunday School, and later after Mr. Stumpp was unable to play, became the church organist under his instruction. Various substitutes throughout the years include: Mrs. Joyce Harvey of St. Mark in Mineral Wells, Sylvia Thomas, Pat Vise, Mrs. Beulah Stolz, and Kathy Schroeder. Today Trinity is blessed with two organists: Donna Varney and Pat Vise.

 

The first choir was organized in 1963 during Pastor Kohl's tenure. The choir director was Don Harvey of Mineral Wells and members included: Lucille Stelter, Joyce Harvey, Lillian Cates, Ruth and Connie Huse, Erna Eubank, Olivia Schoenke, Mary Jane Jackson, Jerry, Larry, and Gary Eubank, Don Harvey, and Bobby Soroosh.

 

At the time of the 40th anniversary, the choir was under the direction of Pastor Watson and Donna Varney, and members included: Bill and Pat Freels, Hans Moll, Carlton and Shelly Hamann, Kim Sheedy, Deeon Laszczak, Pastor and Marie Watson.

 

From 2003 to 2008, Rev. Fred Gersch served as choirmaster. Mark Drewes now serves as the choir's leader.

 

The Sunday School children also spend a few minutes during their lessons each Sunday with Mrs. Marie Watson leading them in song.


Return to Top


Vacation Bible School

Since the summer of 1963, with only a few exceptions, Trinity Lutheran Church has provided "on-site" Vacation Bible School for the surrounding community's children as well as for the congregation's children. The first year a number of children attended either St. Paul's or Redeemer's Vacation Bible School in Fort Worth. Two summers while Pastor Hartman served, several children attended St. Mark's Vacation Bible school in Mineral Wells.  With the combination of Pastor Kohl's guidance and organization by the Sunday School superintendent, that first Vacation Bible School, June 17-21, 1963 had forty-five children enrolled.


Return to Top

 

Expansion and Renovation

God continued to bless Trinity Lutheran Church in terms of growth. As a direct result of this growth, the need for a narthex was determined. A narthex committee was formed and after a year of planning it was determined that the church had reached 80% of its capacity. Thus, the narthex committee was converted into a building committee. This building committee was co-chaired by Carlton Hamann, Tim Schwartz, and Bill Millet. Dan Barton acted as the construction coordinator. Many members donated funds and countless hours were volunteered by members of the congregation. On October 17, 1999, we broke ground and began building the new sanctuary and connecting narthex. The theme of the project was "Catch the Vision - With God's Help and by His Design." The project was completed seven months later at a cost of $485,000. Blessings came again with the payoff of the mortgage through CEF in January 2005.

 

As the congregation continued to grow and prosper, the need for an expanded and renovated fellowship hall was determined. On February 24, 2008, we broke ground for the new fellowship hall and renovation of the education building and office wing. The theme for the project was "Forward: Listening, Rejoicing, Telling." Gary Unger and Connis Seedig co-chaired the expansion project. Marty Prellwitz served as the construction coordinator. As of summer 2008, this project is in progress.


Return to Top


Milestones

July 20, 1958  

First Worship Service, 8:30 a.m., Twentieth Century Club, 325 South Main, Weatherford, Texas.  Reverend Herbert Rast, Redeemer, Ft. Worth, Pastor.

August 31, 1958  

First Baptism: Jerry Ray Saathoff

December 14, 1958

First Adult Confirmation Class: Raymond and Voncille Jones, Dock and Eleanore Ringo, and Mrs. Lucille Stelter.

December 14, 1958

Roll of Charter Members closed.

December 23, 1958

First Sunday School Christmas Program

July 19, 1959  

First Anniversary; Ordination and Installation Service for Trinity's first fill-time Pastor, Reverend Kurt Marquart.

September 18, 1959

Property at Garner Road and Ball Street purchased.

November 4, 1959  

Ladies Aid Society organized.

April 10, 1960  

First Junior Confirmation Class: John Patterson, John Moeris, Candy Resener, Donna Huse, Wilfred Muelschen, Norman Eubank.

September 11, 1960

Groundbreaking services for first sanctuary.

February 5, 1961  

Dedication of new sanctuary.

September 10, 1961

Dedication of stained glass window.

October 21, 1962  

Education building dedicated.

April 17, 1963  

First marriage of a member of Trinity performed: Juanella Hill and Mark E. Auer.

October 20, 1978  

Twentieth Anniversary and Mission Festival Celebration with Reverend Kurt Marquart as guest speaker for both morning and afternoon services.

November 2, 1979  

Trinity's Church Council authorized purchase of $05 stamps for savings accounts with the District through the Sunday School

June 6, 1982  

Vicar Robert E. Boyce ordained and installed as Pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church.

August 1, 1982  

Groundbreaking services for expansion of education building. March 20, 1983. Dedication of new addition to education building.

May 29, 1983  

Dedication of Casavant Freres Pipe Organ in morning worship service with Open House from 3 to 6 p.m.  

July 24, 1983  

Twenty-fifth Anniversary Celebration of Trinity Lutheran Church with Reverend Kurt Marquart, guest speaker.

July 26, 1987  

Richard Goodwill, a former long-time member of Trinity Lutheran Church, was ordained at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Waco, Tx.

May 30, 1993  

Cross above the alter constructed by Junior Wingo and installed by Fred Kukuk, Gene Kaddatz, and Jim DiCapua.

August 7, 1994  

Kenneth Watson ordained and installed as Pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church

October 17, 1999

Ground breaking for Church expansion and renovation

July 16, 2000

Rededication of expanded and renovated Church building

February 11, 2007 Dedication of new stained glass windows
February 24, 2008 Groundbreaking for new fellowship hall and renovations

 

Return to Top


Chronology of Pastors at Trinity Lutheran Church

Name
Start Date
End Date
Service

The Rev. Herbert A. Rast

July 20, 1958

July 19, 1959

Dual

The Rev. Kurt E. Marquart

July 19, 1959

February 5, 1961

Full-time

The Rev. Edwin E. Pieplow

February 12, 1961

July 2, 1961

Vacancy

The Rev. Carroll Kohl

July 2, 1961

February, 1966

Full-time

The Rev. Ron Timmons

February 20, 1966

July 10, 1966

Dual

The Rev. F. D. Giraud

July 17, 1966

January 7, 1968

Vacancy

The Rev. James Herzog

January 14, 1968

July 31, 1968

Dual

The Rev. Arlin Holtz

August, 1968

August, 1969

Vacancy

The Rev. Carl H. Rehwaldt

August 3, 1969

June 27, 1971

Dual

The Rev. Edward M. Geschke

July 4, 1971

November 4, 1973

Full-time

The Rev. E. William Hartman

November 11, 1973

January 12, 1975

Dual

The Rev. Edwin E. Pieplow

January 19, 1975

August, 1981

Vacancy

Vicar Robert E. Boyce

August 6, 1981

June 6, 1982

Full-time

The Rev. Robert E. Boyce

June 6, 1982

August 25, 1985

Full-time

The Rev. Rusty Leavitt

September 1, 1985

May 11, 1986

Vacancy

The Rev. Richard A. Nelson

May 11, 1986

August 11, 1991

Full-time

The Rev. Albert E. Reincke

August 11, 1991

July 31, 1993

Full-time

The Rev. James Luecke

August, 1993

August, 1994

Vacancy

The Rev. Kenneth R. Watson

August 7, 1994

January 12, 2014

Full-time

The Rev. Bud Beverly

January 13, 2014

May 29, 2014

Vacancy

The Rev. Stan Geisler

June 1, 2014

July 13, 2014

Vacancy

Rev. Dr. Douglas Kabell July 20, 2014 July 27, 2014 Vacancy
Chaplain Mark Tews August 3, 2014 August 3, 2014 Vacancy

The Rev. Timothy D. Fraker

August 10, 2014

Present

Full-time

 

Return to Top

© 2017 Trinity Lutheran Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community